Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why do I have trouble making eye contact with people?

I'm a pretty outgoing person, but for some reason I find making eye contact really intense. I'll make brief contact, but I tend to move my eyes around a lot. What does this mean?Why do I have trouble making eye contact with people?
not very confident in yourselfWhy do I have trouble making eye contact with people?
This is a very common problem! A lot of people, eye contact makes them uncomfortable. But it's not really a problem for most of the people you talk to.





Sometimes you can come off as insincere or even deceptive if you don't look right into peoples' eyes when you talk to them. It's not so hard for people who know you but sometimes you want to make an impression on a total stranger--like in a job interview. One trick is to stare at the bridge of their nose, -between- their eyes, and it looks to them like you're looking into their eyes.





There used to be a guy I worked with who would look over my shoulder when he was talking to me. It bothered me at first, just a little, but I got to know him and he was a great guy.





Also, if you watch someone when they're talking to someone else and looking in their eyes, you see their eyes go back and forth, from one eye to the other! When someone is really trying to be honest and sincere, they do this. It makes their eyes look shifty, I think. 8^)
I don't think that's so bad. I get a little weirded out when I'm talking to somebody, and they stare into my eyes for THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION. I find it much more comfortable when they make brief contact every so often, like you do. Otherwise it feels like they're trying to see into my soul or something.
A lot of people do this. It's quite common. It just shows that you get uncomfortable in awkward situations and when someone is looking right back at you, you tend to feel a little weird. I used to be the same way, so don't worry about it.
obviously your uncomfotable? are you confident? that has alot to do with it. Just keep in mind you prob have beautiful eyes, so show em off

No comments:

Post a Comment