Sunday, December 27, 2009

My natural gas lines in my basement rattle and make pinging sounds. What could be making these sounds?

The noise sounds like things rattling inside the pipes. Could there be sediments in the line?My natural gas lines in my basement rattle and make pinging sounds. What could be making these sounds?
All you need to do is secure the lines to the joists like they should have been to begin with. You can buy straps for this at any home improvement store. I agree too that you should make sure that it isn't your water lines instead of the gas lines. Sediment in the lines would not cause any noise, all of your gas appliances have sediment traps in the lines.My natural gas lines in my basement rattle and make pinging sounds. What could be making these sounds?
Are you sure they are your natural gas lines? I have heard of water pipes making rattling and pinging noises and I know that pipes that carry hot water to your radiators or baseboard heat making sounds, but not natural gas lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment