Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What is more important, enjoying your job or making money?

Is there a middle ground you'd settle for?What is more important, enjoying your job or making money?
I actually left a job that paid more money than the one I am at now because I hated it sooooo much. I still make enough money to live comfortably, but am happier than I have been in a LONG time! So, I would have to say that they are both important, but I need to make enough money to survive.What is more important, enjoying your job or making money?
I would much rather have a job that I enjoyed and not made as much money in then a job that paid well but that I hated. But that's just me.
I think it depends on the person. I know people who don't care about money and only wish to have employment that they enjoy or find meaningful. For me, I find both important. I don't care about being rich, but I'd like to live comfortably. And of course, it'd be a plus if I actually liked my job.
I personally feel that both are equally important but at different levels. If one is financially suffering, (no food on table, no health insurance, debt collectors after you, home utilities being cut off or late every month, etc..) then making money is more important at a time like that. However, if one was already living comfortably, or can be contempt living with little income, then enjoying the job would be more important. The ideal situation of course would be to make money in a job you enjoy. Now that's a goal!
THE MORE THE MONEY THE LESS I HAVE TO ENJOY IT! THE LESS THE MONEY THE MORE I HAVE TO ENJOY IT!
enjoying your job.
Making money is more important for me right now. But that's because I'm still in high school and trying to save money for college. I would definitely like to have a job that I enjoyed that paid less or equal to what I make now, but it took me a little while to get this job.
Go for the enjoying your job, I wouldn't settle for the middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment