Sunday, December 27, 2009

I have a question about making a design for the background of my website?

Is this possible?...... I want to use several different scrap book papers to create a collage sort of design and use that as the background on my web site.





Also, would that be illegal? I would be using scrap book paper that someone else designed. It would be used on a website that is for profit. Would I be required to pay the designer something even though I have cut up their design and created my own artwork?





I don't want to get sued or do anything shady.I have a question about making a design for the background of my website?
Yes; you will need permission and or buy rights for use.


general rule is if you didn't make 100% of the images being used then you probably will have to buy a license.





so even if you made the collage the photo rights are owned by someone else and therefor you are liable to pay the owner.I have a question about making a design for the background of my website?
Making copies of someone else's work without their permission is usually illegal unless it falls under what's called ';fair use'; - a site discussing music styles can use a few bars of the Secretary Song to demonstrate what syncopation is, an article about writing styles can quote a small part of a work to demonstrate its style. Using the content FOR its content is a violation of copyright. It doesn't matter whether your site is for profit or not. If you didn't design it yourself, get permission.
If you want to add me on AIM, its rjsrjs11. Im online, just invisible.





I design and code websites as my job.


I can help you out and answer anything needed on chat

No comments:

Post a Comment