Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'95 Toyota Camry is making a clunking sound under the car almost every time I take my foot off the accelerator

When I drive along, I'll press the accelerator, get up speed and then when I take my foot off the pedal or completely stop accelerating I can feel and hear a clunking sound under the car. It has been getting worse and I have no idea what it is?! The car still drives well, but it feels bad. Can anybody help me? Thanks!'95 Toyota Camry is making a clunking sound under the car almost every time I take my foot off the accelerator
could be a bad motor mount, while your accelerating the engine raises slightly because the mount is broken and stops when it hits the hood...everythign appears fine until you let off the accelerator, when you do this, you've taken the torque off the engine and it settles back down on the mount, hence the thud...


A way to check this would be to open the hood, while holding your foot firmly on the brake, push the accelrator with the right foot reving the engine slightly, if it revs but doesn't move, the moutn is ok, but if the mountn is broken the engine will hop up out of place....indicating a broken motor mount...


Don't accelerate too hard, just enough to see the engine hop once should be enough...


You will then need to have the mounts replaced...


You should do this because it could cause other problems such as your fan blade hitting the shroud or radiator.... Good luck'95 Toyota Camry is making a clunking sound under the car almost every time I take my foot off the accelerator
There are many possibilitys, starting with a loose brake caliper and going to a loose flywheel. The only way to find out is to either take it to a shop or put the car on jack stands and start feeling for a loose part that has to do with the drive train. This includes motor mounts, trans mounts, drive axles, brakes, and suspension parts.
engine mount-transmission mount - u/joint. probably a u-joint if it clunks when u put it in gear - and or has a Vibration when driving..

No comments:

Post a Comment