Friday, January 8, 2010

Please guide me on making an analytic cubism drawing?

I know that this is the painting section, but people in drawing section doesn't know. I have to make an anylatic cubism still life using charcoal. Please guide me on how to make it.


Since analytic cubism is monochromatic, I think charcoal will work.Please guide me on making an analytic cubism drawing?
analytic cubism is supposed to incorporate several different viewpoints of an object into the same image.


I suppose a really simple way to do it would be to divide your paper into different geometric sections. Then move around an object drawing a different part of it in each section (from different angles), afterwards you could get a bit creative and abstract and try to run the different sections of the drawing into each other so they don't seem so disjointed. Might be good to add a few red ochres and browns in with your charcoal to give it a bit of warmth and a closer feeling to the picasso and Braque images i think you are talking about when you say they are monochromatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment