Friday, January 8, 2010

Any suggestions on cake making classes?

Has anybody ever taken the Wilton cake making classes at the Michael's art stores? I am really interesting in learning to make cakes, such as those on food network, and want to know where to begin...I heard the Wilton cake classes are a good start but was looking for some more information...I live north of Boston, if that helps! Thanks.Any suggestions on cake making classes?
The classes at Michael's will teach you the basics. I have taken all three classes as refreshers. They are informative and will give you enough skill to start out in a local bakery. To learn more advanced you could check out a culinary school in your area or you might consider going to Wilton's School in Chicago.





Fondant is not easy to work with and quite frankly I don't like the taste. Most people I see who get a piece of cake with fondant on it will peel it off.





Good luck with your classes and just relax. You will find out that it really isn't that difficult to make the roses and other flowers, just takes a little patience.Any suggestions on cake making classes?
I haven't taken the class, but my daughter and I are also planning to take a Wilton class at Michael's here on Long Island this Spring. Probably in April.





The fee for the class is $45.00 but there is a March special and the tuition is half price ...$22.50.





Since the classes are starting this week and run thru the end of the month maybe try calling your local store and see when they start.





I do know 2 people who have taken the decorating course and really liked it.





I personally have bought and tried using the decorating stuff myself and just haven't gotten the hang of it, so I am looking forward to learning technique.





When I take the class I will post back here and add to this question and let you know how I like it, maybe you could do the same and we can compare notes!





Have fun! : )
Take the Wilton classes. They will teach you the basics of cake decorating and will help you learn the terms you need to know for decorating. Then get some good cake decorating books, which will give you ideas and teach you some new techniques. From there just practice. Try out new techniques and learn how to do them and eventually you'll get really good.
if you call the place I am sure they can answer your questions. I try to stay away from these types of foods. To easy to gain weight and do not want to make bad examples for my family. I rather take more health classes at our hospital and they offer cooking classes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment